Friday, March 9, 2018

My first attempt at Lasagna

This morning I went to the grocery store before work and picked up a few groceries. I noticed big packs of ground beef was on sale. I grabbed a few packs. Then I was thinking now what can I do with this. Normally I would make shephards pie or meatballs. But it popped in my mind to make lasagna. So I thought well I have most of the ingrediants at home. I can do this. I never did this before.
After I got home I went on Pinterest and started reading different recipes. I have made other things before like lasagna roll ups and things like that. So I figured I can do this!


You will need:
1 large package of ground beef
1 onion chopped
1 green pepper chopped
1 can of mushrooms
2 cloves of garlic chopped
1 tbsp of Italian seasoning
1 tub of cottage cheese
2 bags of mozzarella cheese shredded
2 boxes of oven ready lasagna noodles
1 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
2 bottles of spaghetti sauce
2 tbsp of bbq sauce
1/4 cup of brown sugar


Directions
Preheat oven at 350 degrees
Cook ground beef and drain and set aside
In a large sauce pan drizzle olive oil and turn on medium heat. once hot place onions cook until soft then add peppers, mushrooms and garlic. Cook until everything is soft about 5 mins.
Then add spaghetti sauce, bbq sauce, brown sugar and Italian spices, and ground beef. Mix all together and let simmer for a few mins.
In a separate bowl mix cottage cheese and 2 cups of mozzarella cheese.
Get a large dish and put a small amount of sauce on the bottom. Then start to layer noodles. Then add cheese mix (after adding cheese mix I sprinkle a little more cheese, we love cheese) then another layer of noodles. continue until your last layer of meat sauce. Cover with one layer of noodles and a little sauce and top with lots of cheese. Bake for 45 mins covered. Then take off cover and bake another 15 mins. Let stand for 20-30 mins. Serve with garlic bread and Caesar salad if you like

No comments:

Post a Comment