Saturday, March 17, 2018

My adventurous week



I went on a little work trip this week to Halifax. I have a little confession to make. I have only ever been to Halifax for work. I had an amazing week in Halifax. I went for a Children's Oral Health Refresher Conference at Dalhousie University Faculty of Dentistry. I always wanted to go to Dal so it was nice to come here just for a few days. We got to work in lab that dental students work in.

I arrived at the Lord Nelson Hotel. I was greeted by 2 wonderful door men that opened the doors and immediately made you feel welcome. I walked into the hotel and was in awe of the gorgeous lobby. The Chandeliers and the gold ceiling just blew me away. The staff was just so sweet and so amazing. As you walked through the hotel and met staff they welcomed you and made you feel right at home. I am always so excited to go to my room. I walked in and was taken away. I had a queen size mini suite I think its called. I loved it. The staff went out of their way and left me a sweet little gift. It was so very thoughtful. I loved my room. It was a corner room and no one really came this way and it was quiet. I had an amazing view of the park across the street. Each room had a complimentary bottle of water, Nespresso machine and mini fridge.  I had my breakfast in their dinning room. They had an amazing breakfast buffet. There was even a omelette guy there! The staff at the this hotel bent over backwards for each guest. They know how to make you feel special.






Our first night we went to the Lafrasca Italian Restaurant. What an delicious restaurant. I had started off with the R&R salad. It has a romaine lettuce grilled with cheese and bacon crumbled on top. It had a garlic Caesar dressing on top. It was so good. It was like a warm Caesar salad. Then for my main course I had a Fettuccine Alfredo with grilled sweet onions and bacon crumbled on top. OH MY!! it was the best Fettuccine I have ever eaten. Our waiter was so sweet! He continuously checking on us and brought anything we needed or asked for. I also think he really enjoyed coming to our table he just seemed to always be there and laughing and joking with us. I really wish I would remember his name.

Our second night we went to the Halifax Shopping Centre. I think this was the second time I was there. I was there briefly a few years ago. But this little Miramichier was blown away by 3 storeys of shopping. Sorry 2 storeys and the 3rd was the food court. Either way I was blown away! I went to Ricki's. The staff was amazing there! They were so sweet and helped me in anyway. Even helping pick out jewelry. They really went out of their way to help me. The storm had started so to be safe we went back to the hotel. While we were at the hotel someone told us that our hotel was adjacent to a mall. So we ask the ladies at the front desk and they gave us directions. It was great we didn't even have to leave and there was a mall there! They had a few stores and a movie theater. Most stores were closing because of the storm.

Our third night we ate at Your Fathers Moustache. If you have a never eaten there. I highly recommend it! It was the second or third time I was there. I started off with a Purple Haze drink. I remember drinking many of those in my younger years at the Opera House. It was so good! Just like I remembered. I started off with Potato Skins as my app. Oh my heavens they were good. I thought I was only getting a few but nope I got a whole basket full of them. Then I had the Bacon and Cheeseburger. I am pretty sure its the best burger I have even eaten. My body hurt from eating it. It was so big and so good!! Wednesday night is Rib night you get Ribs 1/2 price. Most people at my table got the ribs and they looked and smelled so good! Next time I am getting the ribs!  Our waitress was Makayla and she definitely had her work cut out for her. We went with a party of about 20 of us. She was treated each and everyone us like we were her only customer.

On our way home of Thursday we stopped at Masstown Market. I love that place. I stop there on my way when I am heading to Truro or Dartmouth or Halifax. I guess anywhere pass there lol
I love getting there assortment of fresh fruit and veggies. Their bakery is to die for. I brought home some apples, tangerines, homemade bread and donuts. I wanted to bring home so much more!! We decided to stop there for breakfast. They serve breakfast sandwiches on English muffins or cheese bagels. If you have never stopped I really encourage you too!

Though I had a great time in Halifax learning new things, seeing new places, and trying new things this girl was ready to come home. I was missing my hubby and my dog. There is no place like home!



1 comment:

  1. Cities don't need to cold. Halifax is a great city, we have our problems but, we're working on them. I am glad you had a great time. Good eats here in HFX.

    ReplyDelete