Monday, June 4, 2018

Whole Wheat Bran Muffins


I really love to bake. When I am stressed out baking and cooking are my go to. I think its because I have to stay focused and concentrate. So I forget all my worries. Since becoming a diabetic I am being challenged to find recipes that are good for me. I am really like this challenge. I am always looking and reading recipes trying to find the best ones for me.

I really wanted some muffins. But I know I am limited. So today I made Whole Wheat Bran Muffins. They have no sugar in them besides whats in any of the ingrediants. I made these ones with Molasses but I think next time I will make them with honey I think it will make them a little sweeter.



You will need:
1 cup of wheat bran
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup molasses or honey
2 tbsp oil
1 egg

*** you can add raisins or blueberries or anytime of fruit if you want ***


Directions:
1. preheat oven at 400 degrees
2. stir together bran, flour, baking soda, and baking powder.  Then stir in raisins (if desired)
3. then stir together milk, molasses/honey, oil and egg
4. then combine the dry and the wet ingrediants
5. divide into muffin tin and bake for 15 mins.





No comments:

Post a Comment