Monday, June 11, 2018

Lasagna Stuff Peppers


I am having so much learning new recipes and a new way to eat. I have been trying new foods and experimenting with other foods to make them healthier for me. My hubby wanted to try stuffed peppers. But after reading the ingredients many of the recipes called for rice in them. I would really prefer not to eat rice if I can because if I eat one serving then I will want much much more lol So after  checking out pinterest I found this recipe and had all the ingredients so I thought I would give it a try. I really liked them and will make them again.



You will need:
1lb of ground beef
1 small onion chopped
1 tsp of garlic
1 can of spaghetti sauce
1 can of mushrooms
1 can of diced tomatoes (optional)
1 tsp of Italian seasoning
1 cup cottage cheese
1 egg lightly beaten
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 cups of mozzarella cheese
4 peppers haled and seeds removed

Directions:

1. Add ground beef to a non stick pan over medium heart. Break apart and once its almost cooked add onions and then add mushrooms. Then add garlic and cook for 1 min
2. Then add tomatoes sauce, tomatoes, Italian seasoning. Stir and mix well and let cook for about 10-15 mins.
3. In a small bowl stir together cottage cheese, egg, Parmesan cheese and 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese.
4. Place pepper halves in a 9x9 baking dish. Spoon spaghetti mix on the bottom then add a layer of cheese mix. keep layering until the peppers are full your last layer must be the meat sauce.. if you have sauce left over you can put it on the bottom of the baking dish.
5. Then top the peppers with the rest of the cheese. Cover baking dish with aluminium foil and bake at 400 degrees for about 15-20 mins until peppers are slightly soft.
6. Then take off the foil and let bake for another 5-10 mins until cheese is bubbly!
7. Let cook and serve!


No comments:

Post a Comment