Saturday, April 14, 2018

Butterscotch Peanut Butter Squares and Rocky Road Squares


I remember growing up and my mom made these squares all the time. I always liked them with colored marshmallows but sometimes she made them with white.

The other day I was at home with the boys. Brody asked me "hey paige, what are you planning on doing with those marshmallows over there?" I said "well brody, I think I am going to make butterscotch peanut butter squares" Brody said "oh?" with a disappointed look on his face. He said I was hoping that you would make those square that Nan made the other day. I said well I could?  The zach piped up but I love butterscotch peanut butter squares!!
 So last Tuesday why they were at church I made them each a little treat! Butterscotch Peanut Butter Squares for one and Rocky Road Square for the other. They didn't last long!


Butterscotch Peanut Butter Squares

You will need:
1/2 cup butter
1 cup peanut butter
1 bag butterscotch chip
1 bag colorful marshmallows

Directions:
1. Melt butter, peanut butter and butterscotch chips in a pot on medium heat
2. Once melted let cool a little bit then mix in marshmallows.
3. Put in a 9x9 pan and let harden.





Rocky Road Squares


1 bag of semi sweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup butter
1 bag of marshmallows


Directions
1. Melt butter and chocolate chips together in a pot on medium heat
2. Once melted let cool a little bit and mix in marshmallows
3. put in a 9x9 pan and let them harded

option: you can add Rice Krispies, coconut or nuts

No comments:

Post a Comment