Saturday, February 17, 2018

Apple Crisp


I had a bunch of apples floating around and I was wondering what to make with them. Then I thought its been a while since I had apple crisp. And I knew both the boys and Jon love it. Today was a cold day but a nice one. I thought apple crisp for dessert for supper would be a great finish to our day!

The first time I made this recipe I thought it was a little crazy that there was apple juice in the recipe. I noticed that the apple juice helps makes it more syrupy. You can add it or take it out the choice is yours. 


You will need:
For Filling:
6 medium baking apples, such as Granny Smith (2 1/2 to 3 pounds)
1/2 cup apple juice 
1/4 cup sugar 
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup flour

For Topping:
3/4 cup Flour
3/4 cup quick oats
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup  butter, melted (1 stick)

Directions
Preheat oven at 350 degrees
peel and cut up apples. Then put in bowl and mix sugar, cinnamon, and flour together and place in baking dish. Then pour in apple juice. 
then in another bowl combine flour, oats, brown sugar and butter then mix together until its like a crumble. Then spread on top of apples. 
Bake for hour. until apples are tender
Take out and let it cool a bit serve with vanilla ice cream or cool whip













No comments:

Post a Comment